Because you have been generous and strong supporters, Senior Pride successfully continues to serve older people in our community. In fact, we had an extraordinary 2018! Just look at what your support has made possible.
In 2018, Southern Arizona Senior Pride:
• presented 11 outstanding speakers at our monthly Speaker Series
• enjoyed 12 monthly potlucks, including our December potluck with PFLAG
• served EON youth four meals and held an ice cream social
• distributed eight editions of our newsletter The Senior Forum to over 800 households
• held 12 Book Club gatherings
• presented a successful Cultural Series: films with filmmaker and poetry reading
• visited and phoned 16 homebound people to provide opportunities for socialization and build community
• held two volunteer orientations to prepare 18 volunteers to provide friendly visits and phone calls for The Community Cares Program-Tucson and produced a brochure for this program
• met with Community Cares volunteers a dozen times for support and supervision
• celebrated the first year anniversary on October 2018 of The Community Cares Program-Tucson
• met as a Steering Committee 10 times throughout the year
• tabled at Poz Cafe, the Multi-Faith Service, Armory Park Health Fair, Tucson Pride Festival and more
• publicized support groups, our own special events and many other events and meetings of interest to Tucson’s older LGBTQ+ community through our Facebook page and website – always kept up-to-date
• produced an End of Life Planning Workshop with Interfaith Community Services
• attended meetings for the Elder Alliance, GLBT Chamber of Commerce and Neighbors Care Alliance
• partnered with Project Visibility to present LGBTQ competency trainings to several agencies
• sustained support groups: LGBTQI Elder Circle, LBTQ Women’s Grief Support Group, and LGBTQI Grief Support Group
• wrote four successful grant applications. Thank you: LGBTQ Alliance Fund, AZ Humanities, Jack Chellam Legacy Fund, and Washington Federal Foundation
• attended a Strategic Planning Retreat and fund development workshops to assure Senior Pride’s sustainability
And all this was done by volunteers who coordinated, managed, supervised, produced, marketed and showed up to make sure that everything we did was organized, successful and professional.
Senior Pride is committed to doing great work – but we can only do so with your support. Your donations sustain us. Your support ensures our future so that we can work for long term growth and sustainability.
We want to “Be Here Now” and “Be Here for Future Generations” of LGBTQI elders.
Make your generous tax deductible donation today.
♥ Go to our DONATE TODAY page on the Senior Pride website to follow easy instructions for making a donation online, by check or credit card by phone.
With Heart and Commitment,
Lavina Tomer, Chair
P.S. Please consider remembering Southern Arizona Senior Pride in your estate plans. A bequest or beneficiary designation will ensure that Senior Pride will be here for new generations of older people to come.
Pride is ageless. Celebrate!