Do you have the heart of a volunteer? The LBTQ Women’s Grief Group, which has been meeting for two years, would like to invite professional social workers, counselors, psychologists or peer support specialists to be a volunteer facilitator. The drop-in group is a weekly, peer support group, not a therapy group. A professional facilitator leads the group, provides structure, safety, and recommendations and referrals if necessary.
YWCA Tucson, Women’s Counseling Network, and Southern Arizona Senior Pride partner to offer this group at no charge.
Please inquire if:
1. You are a LBTQ woman with experience and expertise in leading peer support groups and grief and loss groups.
2. You are available weekly. Currently the group meets Thursdays (except holidays and July), 1:30-3pm at the YWCA located at 525 N. Bonita Ave. in Tucson.
3. You are willing to commit to one year of leading this group.
4. You are able to start September 13, 2018.
5. You will arrange for an interview: Aug 20 – Sept. 7, 2018.
Posted: July 7, 2018