Need help caring for your animal companion? Pima Alliance for Animal Welfare (PAAW) is a volunteer organization working toward ensuring that all Pima County companion animals have a loving home and humane care. In addition to a trap/neuter/return program for community cats and a marketing campaign to adopt locally (culminating in a mega adoption event), PAAW has a program to help housebound seniors and disabled individuals get what they need for their pets.
For news and events all year long, visit PAAW on Facebook!
DECEMBER Animal Care Specials
There are 3 free spay/neuter events in December. One is in Tucson, one in Green Valley and one in Three Points. » See full Resources Dirctory
Altered Tails on 225 E. Valencia in Tucson
FREE spay/neuter surgeries and vaccinations (rabies for pets over 3 months of age, DAPP and PRC) when you book online!
To qualify for your free surgery for your pet cat or dog all you need to do is book online at http://www.alteredtails.org/online-scheduling-tucson/ and in the notes explain why you are thankful for Altered Tails!!!
- Pets must be owned, not valid for rescue organizations or outdoor/stray animals.
- Pet must be at least 3 months and 3 pounds.
- Animals between 5 and older require pre-surgical blood work at a cost of $40. If you aren’t sure if your pet will need blood work, call 520-495-5900 before making an appointment.
- Additional services are at regular cost.
Asavet Charities & Spay and Neuter Solutions FREE SPAY/NEUTER CLINICS
- DEC 6
at the fire station at 16351 S. Sasabe Hwy
- DEC 13
The Animal League of Green Valley
1600 W. Duval Mine Rd, GREEN VALLEY
- Check in at 8am. First come first serve. Limited number available.
- Pets older than 5 months: No food after midnight, water is fine.
- All dogs must be on a leash or in a pet carrier
- All cats must be in a pet carrier
- All pets must be a minimum of 2 months old and weigh 2 pounds
Vaccines also available for reasonable prices.
Call 520-889-9643 for more info
»Asavet Charities on Facebook
PAAW is available to make presentations on Pet Resources for Human Service Providers. And we now have a handout on local low cost Euthanasia options and a Spanish translation of the Low Cost Vaccinations and Dentals handout (in addition to the English version). Let us know if you’d like us to email one or both to you!
If you have any stories to share about how you have used the pet resources packet and how people have benefited from this information, please share them with us! Feedback will help us to attain funding for this and other needed services.