We are getting more active in the LGBTQ Community and would love your help! Here are some opportunities that may interest you.
As a SASP volunteer, you can:
- Write articles, help with mailing and distribution of monthly newsletter, The Senior Forum.
- Attend community functions to table, bring our literature, introduce Southern Arizona Senior Pride and encourage people to sign up for our newsletter.
- Help to cook and provide a dinner for EON Youth Program every third month. See our Upcoming Regular Meetings & Events page for the next EON dinner date.
- Donate clothing (larger sizes too!), shoes, personal hygiene products, canned goods and money to the EON Homeless Youth Project. Bring your donations to SASP General Meetings every 2nd Tuesday at Himmel Park Library or to the dinner.
- Show up for Pride marches, parades, and other functions as a representative of SASP.
- Volunteer to serve on SASP Coordinating Committee as speakers’ coordinator or contributing member. This group sets the agenda for the General Meetings, recommends and coordinates activities and events.
TO BECOME PART OF A VOLUNTEER EFFORT ON BEHALF OF SOUTHERN ARIZONA ELDERS, CONTACT US!